Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day of School 2008





















Well here they are. All ready to go. They are all in school now. Abram is in 8th at the middle school, Madison is in 6th, Eli in 4th, and Natalie is in Kindergarten! I know I can't believe it. I thought I'd cry but I didn't. Maybe because Natalie has been going to preschool for a year and a half. Here she is in line waiting to go into class. Is that backpack bigger than her?




















They were very anxious but just like with anything new it takes time to get into a new routine. I am very excited to see my kids learn new things and Abram is already surpassed me. (Not hard to do, I know!) He is in Geometry and that should be interesting. Good thing Aaron is home now to help out with homework! This year already seems easier in so many ways as we aren't playing football this season. Eli is enjoying soccer and Aaron is stressing out coaching him. We will probably sign the others up soon for a sport. We'll see it is nice not having too many things to do.






Our kids are in good hands! I took this picture of Jenny on her first day also. Sorry, I didn't want to leave you out. You are brave to hang out with them all day! Thanks for stepping up to the plate. Now there is one yard duty they like!




5 comments:

Kori said...

Jenny looks awesome in orange...Glad I didn't have to wear a vest like that when I was a yard duty!

jenny said...

NO YOU DIDN'T!!!Ugh, you did! I am not cute! Glad I had a 3 day weekend! 164 days to go. :P

Courtney said...

Amy..I can't believe all your kids are in school now...are you lovin' it or what?? Are you at a loss for what to do during the day?? My kids just started this week..crazy..Lucas is still with me during the day(besides preschool time) which is fine. He's fun to have around..I will be a little lost and lonely next year!! Lv Courtney

shelly said...

Love the picture of Jenny, is she yard duty or going hunting with her orange vest?haha We need to get Michael and Natalie together for a play date soon!!

The Bennett Family said...

Courtney you will get used to them not being around. It's kind of funny but I felt the same way. I didn't know what I would do without her. So far so good. I kinda like the silence around me sometimes. Good thing its only 3 hours, I think that works you into it.

Shelly, We should get them together for sure. Mostly because since we talked about it in front of her she won't stop talking about it. She forgets nothing. "Mommy which day show me how many??" Then I have to show her every event with a count down of days with her fingers! Maybe Tuesday? What do you think?