Monday, August 11, 2008

Ft. Bragg camping tradition





Ft. Bragg






Well for my whole life my family has been going to Ft. Bragg, CA to camp. My dad has been diving there for 38 years. We all have enjoyed endless memories of him diving for the big abalones and fish. My brothers all love to go here as well and so most of our family tries to make this yearly ritual. This year I brought my 4 kids and my niece Elora. They had a blast at the tide pools with crabs and fish, making forts in camp, finding colored glass at Glass beach, and eating abalone! I got to finish my book Breaking Dawn and so did my sister. We were pretty much zombies until we finished it. We hung out reading in the car one day as it was soooo cold. It was a fun week and we did our usual things.
They found lots of star fish. Which we always enjoy but some people think differntly~We saw a family that grabbed up three starfish stabbed out the mouth of it and took them on a plate to give to their parents. They were about to eat them when I yelled at them, " What the heck are you doing that is illegal." As soon as I said that they packed up their picnic including the 3 starfish and left. I have never seen anyone do that before. I guess it's part of their culture! AHH! Gross!




Good times right~Amy



Oh my niece Elora, came with me and my 4 kids and held a banana slug and got totally grossed out!! Love that picture!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Love to hear about what you guys are doing! I told your star fish story to some friends the other day! Ewww! We miss you!!

Blevins said...

your blog is so cute and clean! I want lessons!