Monday, November 17, 2008

Halloween 2008~

I guess I will start with Halloween............
it's already starting to feel like Christmas though.
I'd better hurry up.






Aaron really wanted to do an elaborate Haunted Garage this year. That just kinda sounded like $$ to me so he got creative. He amazes me.....really. I got a package in the mail that looked like junk. It turn out to be a mother board thingy(I'm sure it has a name!) that he made into lightening effects. He was soldering one night for hours. You plug in lights and then it flashes to the lightening sound effects hooked up to a stereo. Pretty cool, eh. He bought pipe to add to the fog machine to make it work all over the garage. He took our Rock Band box and made it into a coffin for Eli. Actually, the pictures look pretty generic without it being dark. I went out there a couple times during the week, I was freaked out when it was too dark & quiet. We had black lights as well. We had fun for two nights with it. We kept collecting kids as the night went on. They all wanted to participate. The kids had a blast and loved scaring their friends...& the Adults too!

It's all about the kids at our house!



Our friend Karen's dad came to help spook!

YIKES!
Thanks Bro. Kraude!







This guy really scared some kids.

How its made?? Well, Aaron wrapped himself in Duct Tape!
(That, I should have video taped! So funny & stressful!)

Then we cut the clothes off his body

to make the mummy like form.

It was working fine until it got tight in some places...Yikes! :D
Anyway, Some kids ran out as soon as they saw him.








Spencer with a strobe light in his face.

Eli was on the right side of the Coffin,
and the left side was open with a fake mummy.
He would then lift his side to scare kids!
Aaron with his voice changing machine.
He stood behind black see-through material.
It's was really dark, so when the lightening would flash you'd see him.
One teenage girl wacked him with her candy bag
(He thinks she chipped his tooth!)
and screamed a swear word at him. I guess it scared her.

He found most ideas online.
He's my project finishing husband.
He almost never leaves something undone!
I could learn a lesson from him,
maybe tomorrow....( :


Zac & Abram had fun spookin'.

Until Abram said,
"All the little kids are taking over MOM!"

Hey there old timer!

This is Adrian our neighbor, he's 8. Not 88.

He shaved his head for his costume!

The best was Church on Sunday.

I thought it was fake until I felt it!

So funny!


Trick or treating before the Haunted Garage.

Eli, Natalie, Kaitlin, Ethan, & Spencer.


Mother/Daughter activity. Madi was a Rock Band Character.
I love hanging out with my Madison!




Side note:

I gave Abram 2 disposable cameras for his D.C. trip.

What was I thinking?? He came home with 8 camera's.

He kept buying more. So now I had to get them developed.

It would have been cheaper to buy him a camera.

Their are about 20 pictures that are good.

One roll was completely blank. UGH.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love Halloween at the Bennett's house! :) Looks like you had a hauntingly good time. I love seeing the kids--Adrian is a crack up! Ethan is so tall and Aaron is so crazy. LOL!

The Bennett Family said...

Michelle~~ you REALLY have to start a blog. All the time you spend hopping you could be posting.(= hee, hee! It really could take only 1 hour a week, if that! I would love to see more of your growing family too! Love you sista, ~Amy

Michelle said...

Did you see what time it was when i was hopping? 5:30a.m.! I seriously don't have time to blog and my life is so boring. oh wait, I'm back on the computer--still hopping. There are just too many people to keep up with. Miss ya!
>

Kimberly said...

Amy--If you started charging admission to your Haunted House then you would be sitting pretty PRETTY!
I can relate to the girl whacking Aaron with her bag of candy. When I was little, a huanted house worker grabbed my ankle as we were climbing the stairs. I FREAKED out and started stomping on his hand. He yelled at my Dad to control his daughter. Haunted Houses have scared me big time ever since--including YOURS--but I guess that is the reaction you are going for. I see a possible new profession in the Bennet Family future.....